Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The Last War Trail

I have been called to battle. In my life, I have faced armies of darkness that have outnumbered me, and my body has suffered an illness for having fought relentlessly for so long. But all that is about to change.

In old western movies, one would lay their ear to the ground to listen for the triumphant rumble of the  awaited cavalry coming from the distance. This is the same victorious sound that I hear. I have called for backup and my troops of light are arriving. While this battle against cancer may have been a tumultuous one, there is one thing that remains clear beyond all doubt.

I will win this war.

1 comment:

  1. Robert Emmitt would be proud. The things that are so hidden and foreign to most people have become the engine that drives your front lines, my dear Sara. Onward through the fog, Warrior of Light!

    ReplyDelete