Friday, December 7, 2012

When the Levee Breaks


Throughout this blog I have focused mainly on my own healing journey, but I would like to acknowledge that this isn’t just about me. It’s about you. And every human on this earth. For we, as beings on this planet at this time, have something to heal, and it is becoming overwhelmingly obvious. People are sick. The majority of this country is on some sort of medication, plagued by mental, emotional and physical dis-ease. We hear more about debt, divorce, depression, poverty, pollution, sickness and war than we do about community, trust and love. We are quickly reaching a population that this earth cannot sustain. In a realistic forecast, the future is bleak. But in this illusive tunnel vision, there is a light at the end. For if it keeps on raining, the levee is gonna break. Contrary to what one may think, this is the good news. For I believe that we must get hit by the tidal wave of darkness to be able to see which direction there is light. We must heal together, as a tribe. So with my healing, I heal you, and with your healing, you heal me, and with our healing, we heal all.

I am about to embark on the pilgrimage that I have been waiting for since the beginning of this healing odyssey, perhaps the beginning of this life. I leave this week for Bali, where I will spend the winter solstice and the following few months living in an ashram and working with a Balinese guru named Ratu Bagus. This man does not call himself a healer, for he believes that each person is their own healer, and the healing is ultimately up to each individual. He has an incredible understanding of energy, and in the short time that I have studied from him I have come to understand one very important thing: everything is energy. He talks about how humans will often incur certain energetic blocks throughout the body, which result in dis-ease. This is something that resonates so strongly with me because I have believed since day one that this cancer is merely a manifestation of blocked energy, producing what doctors would call a tumor. Of course Ratu has the solution for ridding the body of these blocks. It’s called Bio-energetic Shaking Meditation (or simply ‘shaking’) and it is exactly what it sounds like. I’ll post a movie here for those who want to see more, but in essence, it is a means of rapidly and effectively moving energy in one’s own body, with out the help of anyone else. While it may look strange, it is one of the most powerful things I have ever done.

So I am going to this ashram to shake for many hours each day and energetically break the levees in my body, allowing the energy to flow freely, and liberating myself of the blocks that have caused illness. With this trip, I take a step out of the tunnel and into the light, where I surrender to the love of the Universe and truly allow the healing to happen. This is it, y'all.

I don’t know if the end of the world will arrive with this solstice, but I do believe that a drastic change is happening—for me, for this planet, and for all the beings on it. We are all in it together.

The mountains and the canyons start to tremble and shake
as the children of the sun begin to awake
-Led Zeppelin

1 comment:

  1. So incredibly proud and lucky to be apart of this journey with you big sister. As you change your world, you change my world, and we continue on to change the world around us... Lets go to Baliiii!!!!

    ReplyDelete